Sunday, May 17, 2015

Art Jewelry

Every now and then, I take my needle and thread to create new jewelry pieces out of loose materials. I enjoy the spontaneity of creating freeform designs without having to draw or sketch them.  This week, I was inspired by an upcoming collaborative project with a visual artist for July. I was inspired to make these new freeform pieces from extra materials that we’ve accumulated through the years.
I am first an artist, and I know in my heart that creating artistic pieces comes naturally to me. I have plenty of designs that have yet to unfold. More than being an entrepreneur and earning something from my creations, I am enriched by the spiritual and emotional rewards that being creative and making something out of that creativity bring.  
Art is recognized as a therapeutic form of activity. Using the creative process and the resulting artwork to explore our emotions has been widely accepted, and practiced by leading psychiatrists, medical institutions, and the academia. Artistic pursuits are a holistic form of healing, and it can give anyone a sense of personal well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!