Friday, March 4, 2011

Why go Bridal?

Doing a Bridal Collection for Palamuti was a concept pitched by my friend Shiela Dugan- Pascua, the first bride, who ordered a neckpiece from me. According to Shiela, when she and now husband, James, were looking for suppliers by attending several wedding expos, she only saw one exhibitor showing off costume jewelry for brides. I said to myself, “Hmmmmm, why not?”. Plus, doing wedding pieces would be so much more fun! Oh yes, like every other girl, I have my own fairytale wedding… and yes, I’d like to be part of making others’ fairytale come true.


Shiela wearing Palamuti Necklace made of mother of pearls and german crystals.
True enough, most wedding accessories are limited to hair pieces, bags and shoes. Rare do you find suppliers offering costume jewelry to complete the whole ensemble; and jewelries are confined to wedding bands. As Katrina Martin mentioned in a previous blog, In the Neck of It, wedding trends are changing, gearing away from the traditional. More and more brides have the freedom to make their dream wedding into reality! If in the past, black or red gowns were out of the question, behold today. And if you choose a white gown, you can add more glamour without spending much on fine jewelry!
My bridal collection for 2011 is called Songs to Satine inspired by the fictional character Satine of Moulin Rouge which I will displaying at the 18th Wedding Expo Philippines by Themes and Motifs on March 12 and 13, 2011 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City. We are giving a special discount to brides who will book on the mentioned dates. Freebies wait soon to weds so do visit our booth in Hall 4, J28.

Valerie Tan, TV Correspondent for GMA 7 models for Palamuti. Make-up by sister, Donna Valenciano. Valerie is also using Glambox Airbrush Cosmetics' Mink Lash
To all brides to be, I encourage you to think out of the box!

P.S. I will be sharing the booth with my sister Donna Valenciano, a make- up artist who will be offering traditional and airbrush make up for brides so do check her work as well. Palamuti and Tala Bridal Packages are now available, email pjvalenciano@palamutishop.com or talabydonna@gmail.com.

Hair Accessory by PJ Valenciano, Make up using Airbrush by Donna Valenciano

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!