Saturday, March 9, 2013

Fabric Wrapped Bangles

       I love wearing bangles and my ensemble is never complete without one. As such, I make it a point to create new bangles as part of our Daily Palamuti pieces. In 2011, I started experimenting with  fabrics on bangle bases. For the first batch I made, I twisted aluminum wire together to form the bangle base. Then, I used a stretchable lace to hide the wire. Finally, I added a few embellishments. The next batch of bangles had more of an effort to switch bangle bases made with metal, to focusing more on bases using acrylic and wood. Along with fabrics, we also used ribbons. You can check BurdaStyle for DIY Fabric Bangles; as you can restyle and reuse old unused bangles, and give them a new look in time for summer. 

My first take on making bangles.
I used a thin metal circular base then decorated the bangles with a ribbon.
Some of our fabric bangles were used during Popo Go's Spring/Summer 2012 Fashion Show.
Our most recent project, a two-toned fabric bangle.

Collect them all.
Mermaid's Tears bangles have an acrylic base.
Casthine used our bangles during her pre-nup photoshoot.
This time, we used wood as base.
These are our latest lace-wrapped bangles.
You can also use printed fabric to make your bangles more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!