Monday, March 25, 2013

Koi Visions

Love for accessories has inspired me to take up designing as a new career. Creating beautiful things from scratch, with my own hands, has always been a passion and accessory making has become the main outlet for my creativity. Nothing makes my soul feel right than waking up, knowing that its a new day to make new designs. Last year, I promised myself to make my very own embellished necklace. I came out with Koi Visions using bead embroidery. I then added rough cut stones, since I'm attracted to asymmetrical pieces.


Koi Visions by PJ Valenciano
The process of making this piece is pretty much the same as our other embellished pieces. I started by sketching the Koi, or the main design, on black felt cloth. The key to every piece is a combination of choosing the right colors with the proper usage of materials. The most important facet of all though; knowing how to maximize these elements can make all the difference. 

I based piece's color on what goes with my wardrobe, from casual to formal. I wanted a piece that stands out, but at the same time, I tried to avoid committing the mistake of making something which I wouldn't be able to pair with basic casual outfits. Choosing the rough edged stones gave the piece balance making it easy for me to pair it with my general outfits. It has always been my vision to create accessories that, not only makes a statement wearable art piece, but are pieces worth keeping and collecting, and proactively takes a step in changing the "throw-and-buy" attitude of shoppers.

Starting with a sketch


Bead Embroidery


Koi Visions by PJ Valenciano

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!