Sunday, October 20, 2013

BEAD JEWELRY NECKLACE: BRINGING THE DOLLS





When clients ask me to design specific pieces  it gets me excited, especially when they give me the freedom to do as I see fit. The “Bringing the Dolls for Anya” is a customized piece commissioned as a gift to Filipina Poet, Professor Merlie  Alunan. 


The idea behind this piece was to interpret her best known poetry as costumejewelry, in this case a necklace. I ended up making this piece wherein I personally hand stitched the beads and stones. The freedom to exercise my creativity in pieces such as this give me an opportunity to share a part of me with the wearer. -PJV

You may request  custom made designs through our website. Share and inspire with your own style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!