Monday, October 20, 2014

Style & Sensibilities by Kim Basa, Amaya Accents

Beauty and grace are traits that are innate to every woman. How one carries herself radiates one's individuality. A woman's choice of clothes, shoes, and accessories speaks volumes about her personality, and also strongly conveys her uniqueness from others. 
My personal aesthetics lean towards classic, minimalist and bold.I stick to this baseline when trying to cross elements of design when I feel like experimenting. However, there is one definite fashion statement that will not be missed out: the statement necklace! I believe and feel that wearing something different and unique can spruce up my ensemble
I think it goes with the fact that I used to be shy and timid, It took me a lot of guts to wear something so bold during the first time. Yet I felt strongly about wearing something connected to my personality, so I went for it. Ss I found my way out of my shell, I started to gain confidence to uncloak a new version of me; a new and improved version.
When my friends and I plan a gathering, we think of a theme of what everyone gets to wear. For October, which is my birthday month, we chose black themed attire accompanied by a statement necklace. Since it's going to be a dinner with other friends celebrating my birthday, a statement necklace was included as part of the theme, because it's something that speaks about me. In preparation, I considered having a customised piece, which I designed myself.  I chose a flower design with  a touch of red to break the black and white combination. I loved how this complemented my black and white outfit. You see, the look that I was able to create was about me, myself and I. I purposely didn't try to imitate a style icon, as I believe that it will go against who I am. 

In essence,personal style, for me, is being myself. I believe I can never go wrong with that. 


ABOUT THE ARTIST-ENTREPRENEUR  

Kim started Amaya due to her fondness in accessorizing with the use of uniquely handcrafted necklaces.  It started when she got pregnant with her second child, a girl, who she wanted to share her affinity and passion for dressing up. Encouraged by the thought of realizing a dream, she named her brand of unique handmade accessories after her daughter, Amaya. As she continues to pursuing this vision of providing unique handcrafted accessories to moms like her, who share the same love for handmade accessories, she’s thankful that she found the wisdom and inspiration, despite the many challenges facing entrepreneurs and artists, through one significant life event --- being a mother to a daughter named Amaya.

What we love most with Amaya Accents' handmade pieces is the simple functionality of the design. If you are the type who's looking for classic, casual wearable pieces, we recommend Amaya's Daily Wear Necklaces. Drop by and show your support for Filipino Independent Artists at the American Bead Shows this coming October 25-26 in Louisville, Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!