Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Artist's Den by Paola Germar, Rated PG



When people remember an event, our mind utilises our memory  to fill in the gaps, by using preconceived thoughts about what we know . My bags are pieces of fun memories ,a bit jumbled and vague. They are inspired by snips of details in events in my life that I like to reminisce about.


I like creating things which make one's imagination work. My creations can be interpreted in different ways by different people, depending on what they have experienced. By using precious stones, wood and glass, I try to mimic the sharpness , strength, intensity and vividness of dreams through their assortment of colors, textures and arrangements. Hopefully, my pieces can trigger everyone's imagination and bring back fun and happy memories to people who see them.

       ABOUT THE ARTIST

 I paint a lot and design things a lot , and ever since, I’ve always wanted to have my own brand called RATED PG or rated Paola Germar . The name came to me when I realized my initials were always on TV, and they always announced programs that are “Rated PG” , so I thought that would be free promotion for my brand , every time people hear it, they would remember my stuff. I like making everyday things look like art, or transform them so that they could be hung in galleries as artwork. I like to make everything pretty and try to make everyone smile . " - Paola Germar

As a major in Fine Arts and Painting, Paola Germar utilized her knowledge of the visual arts to create her brand of edgy handmade products. Also as a graduate of dress making and knitting, she has a command of using different mediums and materials, which she uses to enhance her creations. She came up with her brand name, Rated PG, after the “Parental Guidance” tag that’s attached to rate certain television shows, because it struck her that her initials were always mentioned on TV! As an artist, she is a combination of wide-eyed youthful perspective and quirky ideas. It is her hope that as she shares her memories and experiences with you through art, she’s simply trying to make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!