Thursday, February 26, 2015

A “Berry” Happy Birthday


A "Berry" Themed Birthday Party hosted by Tina at Silk Road Thai Restaurant and Wine Bistro at Bonifacio Global City for her friends. She wore the clustered flowers which we customized for her last year.
*Photo grabbed from Tina Ortiz 
Tales of Tina’s themed birthday celebrations were regarded in tales as being fun, elaborate shindigs. Last year for example, to celebrate her birthday, she had an all-hat event where all of Tina’s friends wore (and took home) hat fascinators as souvenirs. For this year, Tina surprised her friends yet again by holding a “Berry-inspired" celebration. Guests were asked to wear tops and dresses based on the berry color range, which are: pinks, reds and purples. We at Palamuti had the chance to be a part of this celebration. As souvenirs, she gave her guests a short necklace with stone pendants by partner brand Amaya, and long necklaces with berry pendants from Palamuti
Artisan Cake by Sweet Bakes by Rosey! Check out the intricate detail. Decorating a cake is its own unique art. 
Tina has been our client since 2013 through the referral of a friend and business partner, but I wasn't able to meet her personally until the end of 2014.  In our previous article about Tina, I mentioned how every designer would love to have her as a client because her jewelry concepts are challenging projects for any artisan and designer. For myself, I needed to allot a lot of time and effort in designing and executing her fashion-art ideas. More than that, her choice of artistic handmade accessories show not only her love for fashion, but her appreciation for the high level of artistry put into wearable art pieces. We  decided to name a collection after her, as I was honored and thrilled to design for her. To be invited to her birthday celebration was an added bonus, something that I really never expected, since technically I've only met her once. 
Berry Themed Short Necklaces from Amaya were given as souvenirs for the guests. 
The exciting part of her party was showcasing and sharing her Palamuti Collection, which she acquired over the years, to her friends as part of her themed celebration. I was stunned when I realized that she had collected drawers upon drawers of necklaces and scarves, which she let her guests wear during the gathering. Personally, I was touched with the fact that she kept them all these years, with some items lovingly preserved in their original packaging. 
Tina's friends from Ateneo wearing her Palamuti Tina Zitro Collection.
*Photo grabbed from Tina Ortiz 
Ladies with roses!
*Photo grabbed from Tina Ortiz 
Memories of all my previous designs came flooding back into my head. In every piece I design and create, I pour my soul into it. It's my form of meditation, prayer and giving thanks to the universe. I firmly believe that through my work, I share my story as an artist through others who appreciate my kind of art. I was in awe, and my heart was singing with respect for this woman who saw our handmade necklaces and scarves not just a commodity, but treasured items worthy of collecting. 
Tina with her colleagues from Globe Telecom.
*Photo grabbed from Tina Ortiz
GPS women have a grand time. Look at those smiles. I don't think you can fake those.
*Photo grabbed from Tina Ortiz
As her guests came, I got to see this high-functioning, goal-driven woman in action. She greeted everyone with the same energy, from the first guest that arrived up until the last one. She was all smiles--- going around and connecting with all her guests. It was heartening to witness her close friends, work colleagues and subordinates, with Tina valuing each and everyone's presence, regardless of being a boss or employee, until the crowd trickled down and it was time to call it a day. Surely, everyone had a great time, like I did, leaving a more inspired person. Tina is an empowered woman of taste and style, a storyteller, traveller, and compassionate person who people look up to. For myself, she is more than just a client, but a muse that sheds inspiration to other women like myself. 

"BERRY MOMENTS" 
Paparazzi moment! Tina poses with her fellow executive.
Apart from Palamuti, Tina adores her artisan bag by Rated Paola
I truly love this stolen shot! Sherrie's son admires the peacock inspired necklace
she was wearing during the lunch party. 
We love how she paired the bead embroidery statement necklace with a long one.
If her pretty face looks familiar, it's because she's Globe Telecom's in house model as well. 
Another stolen shot with this beauty! I couldn't help myself admiring how
Tina's clustered flowers complemented her berry red top. 
As much as I tried to take a stolen shot, she knows when it's coming! 
Finally, I got to meet you Liezel.
And someone's in love with Rated Paola's artisan bags
Kim discuses our Kiss by the Berry Queen Collection with a colleague.
Irah has been coaxing Tina to give the necklace she was wearing at the party
as gift for her. 
Tina's friend from St. Scholastica's College wore her Berry Necklace.
Our mini "gallery" of Tina Zitro Collection. 
I so remember that necklace from last year's Spring Collection
Kim adds a scarf necklace to her ensemble. 
Early birds! 
Sharon is not into statement costume jewelry  but Tina's clustered
butterfly necklace fitted her whole ensemble that day. 
The original Mayumi necklace worn by Stephanie, Tina's friend from
St. Scholastica's College. The necklace was given as a gift by Kim years back. 
Bring out your smart phones and click away! 
Spotted! That's our Spring Lady Necklace
Stylist for the day? I really had fun with Kim looking for
necklaces that will fit the guest's wardrobe.


P.S. As our way of saying thanks, I have designed a new collection inspired by her birthday celebration theme. As a way of showing our appreciation for her continued support, we have created the "Kiss by the Berry Queen Collection" as part of the Tina Zitro Collection wherein percentage of the sales will go to her chosen charity; the Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS). We believe in supporting our client's advocacy and passion as much as they have shown for ours. 
Kiss by the Berry Queen Collection 
Our mini display of Tina Zitro Collection 
Indeed it was a "berry" happy birthday. :) 
Keeping it real. -PJV 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!