Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Rated Paola X Nikki Ocean

"Whenever you meet someone new, information flows in both directions. You become acquainted with someone who has a talent or a skill you can use sometime in the future. But that individual also becomes acquianted with you and your skills. Somewhere down the line, without your knowledge and without having to do anything at all, that person will say, "I know someone who..." and you'll be that someone! By being "out there" minute-by-minute you are positioning yourself to take advantage of the opportunities that come along. Do the right thing for those in your network whenever you can and good things will come back."- Bryan Thayer, The One Minute Networker 
Apart from being a visual artist, Nikki Ocean is a budding make- up artist. Her love for painting makes it natural for her to use faces as her canvass. 
Rated Paola artisan bags have found a home at PALAMUTISHOP.COM 
I am an introvert by nature, but I do love meeting new people and hearing their stories. I remember people who have crossed over my invisible introvert wall and have shared their stories, which I keep in my "library" of treasured individuals. I've known these two girls when they were still just students at University of the Philippines, Fine Arts. I met Nikki through one of our surf trips. Paola was Nikki's batch mate and I was introduced to her during an art exhibit in SM Megamall, Philippines. Both are promising artists, with both of them starting to establish a name for themselves in their respective niche of the art world.
She's a mermaid! Nikki Ocean is the ultimate boho woman, who looks towards inspiring others through art and fashion. 
Nikki and I hang out a lot despite our age difference. I love the fact that she has the maturity to connect with older people. I have fun during photo shoots with her. She's my first choice as makeup artist for our models. As mentioned, we've been on surf trips together, and during those times, we have formed a bond despite of years of not even physically seeing her. There are just some people who never really "forget" each other. At some point, we nearly started an enterprise showcasing clothes, bikinis, bags and jewelry made by other independent Filipino brands. Though this concept never fully materialized, in retrospect, I've always kept a mental "file" that she's a keeper and that in the future, she's a person that I would love to work with.
Rated Paola poses with her Art Cans under Tin-Aw Gallery at the recent Art Fair Philippines 2015
As for Paola, I never got a chance to intimately talk to her when we fist met. However, even then, she exudes an aura that speaks "fashion and art", which intrigued me. When she was introduced to me (by Nikki), I was told that she sews her own clothes, and that she had an affinity for collecting bags. This trait stemmed from her grandma, who passed it down to her mom, and then to her. She was the "quiet type", but she smiles a lot and was engaging, despite being an introvert.
Nikki Ocean was also part of the Art Fair Philippines 2015 under Finale Gallery. She paints with her talent and her heart. 
As they found paths and dreams to follow, I never forgot about these two talented girls. Thanks to technology and social networking sites, I'm still updated with what they were up to. When I was able to put up my website, I immediately sought out Nikki and Paola. I wanted these two artists to be part of our website's vision through a series of collaborations. We are currently in the process of creating a market for their brand of art and fashion. This goes to show that business and relationships is not just a matter of "what's in it for us", but how you can address the needs and goals of others too. Based on experience, I've found that it's more advantageous for both parties to collaborate, especially if you have a common goal. Doing business is not just about profitability, but sharing with others. With all our efforts and strengths put together, we are covering ground towards creating our own market for fashion and art.
Fash-On Art Cans! Rated Paola shows off her love for fashion in her art. 
Paola offers us her talent in designing art bags, which I know nothing about, but something that I've always wanted to have on our website. Nikki inspires us with her work ethic and sincerity in supporting other independent artists. These are two girls with different styles, motivated to make a name for themselves, while keeping grounded and connecting with others through their craft. 
Our Style Advocate, Nikki Ocean will be conducting an arts and crafts workshop at Flotsam and Jetsam Artist Hotel in La Union, Philippines this February 28 & March 1. Cap off the Art's Month with a sand-and-sunset vacation bonus!
I was watching Behind The Brand interview with Cesar Milan (The Dog Whisperer) hosted by Brian Elliot. His story is very inspiring: working his way up, starting from nothing. Here are the things I've learned from his story: 

1. Find the drive and motivation 
2. Network with people who can help you achieve your goals 
3. Practice the art of giving with sincerity 
4. Work with people who are aligned with your goals 
5. Lead a purpose driven enterprise 
6. Continue to learn despite success 

Visual Artist Paolizabeth Germanium, the artist designer behind Rated Paola Germar Bags, will be having a Solo Exhibit entitled "Pay Per Doll" at  Kaida Contemporary from March 8 to March 22. Let us celebrate Fashion x Art, the Rated PG way. 

Opportunities are always in abundance. But doubt, fear and pride, limits us to immediate gratification and success, which fosters a deadly illusion of what we have and should have. People are ready to help you achieve your goals, as long as you show them how much you are willing to work for it, even if it means starting from a hole in the ground. When you remove the mindset of being privileged, or the prideful attitude of "I know about this already", that's when the doors truly start to open. Today, Nikki Ocean is a Palamuti Style Advocate and Rated Paola is a Palamuti Featured Artist. They are my partners, not just in business, but partners in a community of people driven by goals and purpose. Who would have thought? :) 
Fashion Inspiration: Style Icons 

Two Different Worlds



Keeping it real.- PJV 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!