Friday, May 18, 2012

Body Harness Reworked

Accessories have always had a place in my wardrobe. I have a penchant for scouring trinkets that are not produced in bulk. Following fads were never my thing, since I prefer wearing pieces that mirror my style and personality. I prefer pieces that I will treasure and wear with pride, even if they are simple costume jewelries, and not the real thing. Drawing from this desire, I decided to make Palamuti a podium for where women have the choice to dictate the style and design specific to their tastes.

Nothing makes me more excited when clients ask me to execute an idea. I am lucky that they also trust us to improve on the design if it need be, and of course, incorporate our signature techniques in making the actual piece.

Our latest project is a body harness.  Body harness, better known as armor jewelry, is nothing new. But knowing this made making one more challenging. A popular design for a body harness is to be fashioned together using chains, while the emerging trend sees some made of leather.

We were sent two pegs to help us visualize AJ's preferences. I elected to incorporate embellishment into the design as its main accent and  used rosary chain for the body frame. The output is this simple body harness in which AJ can pair easily with her outfits whether for work or play. - PJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!