Saturday, May 5, 2012

Memory Lane

I decided to combine embellishment and linked chains in the design structure for our Holiday Collection 2012.  It's a journey of finding "PJ, the young, minimalist, and adventurous lass".

I have to admit, chains haven't had the spotlight in our recent collections. I was so engrossed in making embellished pieces that I have forgotten my love for chains, and the simple pleasure of wearing a long necklace chain with a single pendant over a white tank top. Close friends of Palamuti have been asking and wondering when I'll release a collection of chains that I used to be so fond of. This forced me to review my past chain collection which I sold at bazaars.

I always had the notion that my chain collection was nothing out of the ordinary, but in retrospect, they were "different" in their own rite. These pieces, together with my first wire art collection, landed me my first TV feature on TFC's ORIG. Chains reflected  my personal style, while our embellished necklaces were, for me, paintings on a felt cloth canvass.   

 rhodium chain necklace with fabric applique as pendant

pairing my favorite top with  an antique brass chain necklace with  charms and  semi-precious stones
wore  layered long antique brass chains with wood and agate stones with my 
leopard sleeveless top to last year's PFW

Every day for me is a new day to discover new things.
At times, every day becomes a memory of the past.- PJV

My 2010 Chain Collection


Photos courtesy of Virgie Sorita-Flores 


Here's a preview of our Holiday Collection for 2012
 Desidere will be a collection of harness jewelries, anklet-shoe accessories, cuffs for your arms and hands, and eye catching rings to adorn your pretty fingers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!