Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bow Tie for my Furry Friend

It is no secret that I have a spot for animals especially for dogs. I always tell my sister how much I’d like to make a collar trinket for my male golden retriever, Fabio, but I wanted to make something that he will not rip into shreds. Fabio hates having anything worn around his neck.  I have given up with the common collars which he constantly manages to destroy. The only neck collar he has is a light-weight tick and flea collar. He only consents because he doesn't feel the collar around his neck. 

While looking for tutorials on making a bow tie which I initially planned to incorporate as a design for a headband, an idea hit me. Instead of making one for a head band, I made a detachable corduroy bow tie that can be slipped into a dog's collar. I tested it on Fabio and there you go, the first collar ornament he approves of. I can't wait to make more! - PJV 


1 comment:

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!