Tuesday, January 20, 2015

5 Days of Flow Jewelry

People ask me why I still buy handmade jewelry from other artists even though I am perfectly capable of making my own. My answer is plain and simple: I love jewelry! I've always had a thing for collecting trinkets from travels, especially pieces that were created from a place where the creativity and experience of the artist can be seen. I wear them and keep them in my jewelry box which I call my "Box of Happiness." I am happy for the good finds but most importantly, I am happy to cross paths with these artists.

One of my favorite wire art jewelry by Stephanie Lopez. Her teardrop collection will be sold on our website for Spring! I can see myself wearing this necklace on a daily basis! Can you? 

"Usapang Babae" by Stephanie Lopez at the Pinto Art Gallery  
My appreciation for seeking aesthetic beauty extends beyond clothes, bags, jewelry and shoes. I love the arts. I may not have the theoretical knowledge  about "Art", but I can spend a lifetime going to art exhibits and museums twice over. Space filled with creative wonder and visual treats is a calming, thought-provoking experience for the soul. I guess I truly have an inclination for supporting other artists, especially those who have widened their horizons and do not limit themselves to a particular medium or discipline.

One of my favorite wire art jewelry designers is Stephanie Lopez. She also happens to be a sculptor by trade! I think the way she balances both facets of her art is so cool. You can feel a burst of creativity emanating from every jewelry piece. She is definitely an artist that makes me keep a few of her necklaces in my "Box of Happiness". 

The place was such a visual creative treat. It looked like a retreat house turned into a gallery; such a great place to ponder with paintings and sculptures to challenge the mind and imagination.
Stephanie Lopez at the opening exhibit for "Stigmata and Dancing Suns". The exhibit runs until January 20, 2015 only but I recommend you still go as the rooms in Pinto Art Gallery exhibits different artworks by various artists including Steph's. 
So many art pieces! An hour wouldn't be enough. Make sure to take your time and revel in the vastness of art exhibition. :) 

Last December 2014, Steph invited us to her opening exhibit at Pinto Gallery Art Gallery situated in Antipolo. 
Did you say statement necklace? :) 
One of my pet peeves is shoppers throwing away trinkets once a new trend surfaces. Upon reflecting, I realized that there are bound to be other women who would keep costume jewelry as a treasured item, rather than a disposable trinket every season. I think the secret for selecting these classic pieces is finding its inner beauty beyond the aesthetics; such as quality, originality, and a meaningful story of how that piece came about.
This necklace is part of Steph's Autumn Collection which is exclusively designed for PALAMUTISHOP.COM. I've been getting a lot of compliments whenever I wear this necklace. It's a great conversation piece. I promise! 
STYLE INSPIRATIONS 


5 Days of Flow Jewelry




P.S. Stephanie Lopez Jewelry are on sale!

Keeping it real.- PJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!