Saturday, January 17, 2015

Everyday Love Affair

My love for jewellery was influenced by my mother. During our childhood, my mom would let us wear fine jewellery, opening my eyes to my fondness not only for jewellery.

In all my years of designing and selling statement costume jewellery necklaces; clients would always ask me how to wear them. It is a notion that my designs "can only be worn for dressing up" during special occasions. To be frank, there are certain pieces which I design specifically for clients to wear on momentous events. However with a little bit of imagination and willingness to expand your fashion palette; you can wear a statement necklace on any casual outfit when going out for a cup of coffee or hanging out at one's favourite hole-in-the-wall cafe.

I'm a big shorts fan. I also have plenty of denim mini-skirts and jersey type square pants in my closet. But----- I never leave the house without wearing a matching necklace or bracelet to complete my look. Usually, I wear simple statement necklaces to complement my daily casual ensemble. Adding a twist to your outfit starts with getting the base details of your clothes, then matching them with accessories afterwards.
Hanging out with Kerin at Crepeman Cafe on Maginahawa Street in Quezon City, Philippines. 
Last Wednesday,  I had an impromptu meeting with a good friend at this delicious crepe place. It was a great opportunity for me to take a photo of my outfit, and to show you how you can pull off a casual look with statement necklaces.
Shoutout to my mom, who kept that genuine leather bag in remarkable condition all these years. Now that I'm all grown up, it's such a privilege to get this timeless piece as a hand-me-down! I remember the fights my sister and I had over it, and being the eldest, I won! It was definitely a "woohooo" moment.  
I wore my ever-so-favourite and reliable black collared top, since this is a versatile staple piece. Ladies! You need to keep one in your closet since you can easily pair them with almost any bottom; from leggings, to a long maxi skirt, or your plain old denim jeans.

For my "impromptu look",  I paired my black collar top with a pair of white ripped shorts;  adding a brown belt and a comfy pair of sandals. I usually wear customised statement necklaces with my collared pieces, because when they blend with the top, it makes it seem as though it's part of the blouse instead of being a separate piece. Since most of my Palamuti statement necklaces are beaded, they look like embellishments on the blouse!
Here's a close-up of the necklace I wore. 

MORE FROM MY CLOSET 
Chambrays are pure love. I've been hanging on to those striped minis for years. It's been one of my thrift shop all-time good finds! The bag on the other hand, used to be my grandma's: something borrowed and vintage. Then of course, jewellery is always a must, so I added a handmade statement necklace from my last year's Fall Collection. 
Vests are among the staples I keep in my closet! For me, it just adds that "oomph" to a simple look.  And of course for shoes; wedges. I recently painted my nails with "something close to" marsala,  to get into the "Color of the Year" mood.  
STYLE INSPIRATIONS 
Bring out your boyfriend jeans, high-waist skinnies, denim shorts and your favourite collared top and greet each day with a smile on your face! :) 

Everyday Love Affair with Statement Necklaces



Keeping it real. - PJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!