Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Not so Ordinary Bridesmaid

Tell Your Story
I made this mood board to show how one can play around their bridesmaid gowns. The chiffon dresses are from Weddington's. I then added costume jewelry and artisan clutches to complete the look. 



For myself, the most enjoyable part of a wedding is the moment when the bridal entourage first walks down the aisle. This moment triggers and builds anticipation towards the highlight of the entire occasion, which is seeing the beautiful bride enter the church. I have seen plenty of my girlfriends walk down the aisle, and I have been part of some of their entourages as well. 
My sister loved this pair! Who wouldn't? So I was thinking, maybe I  can add these as accessories to a "Goth Inspired" or "Black & White" themed wedding. 
For whatever opinions you may have on marriage, a wedding is a chance to take a peek at a couple's personality. Whether they prefer an intimate or large wedding,  the event should be about the couple, and the purpose of everything that goes into the occasion should reflect that. Some opt for a traditional affair, while others like a twist that's truly their own. Themed weddings are the best for me, because they add a bit of drama and fun! It's quite an experience to see people scramble about to make sure that every detail is perfect, even though it won't. Because marriage, much like a wedding, is about trying even though things don't always go according to plan. This particular day is symbolic for a commitment to celebrating love with people who matter most. 

In the Philippines, where there is no shortage of talented and creative designers, it is common to have gowns custom made. The rise of bridal fairs and expos attests to a growing market for "anything to do with" weddings. It's a very profitable business, with soon-to-weds  setting aside a chunk of their income for their dream wedding. 
Green is in! They say for the Year of the Sheep, green is the lucky color. 
Palamuti specializes in designing customized jewelry for the bridal entourage. I love clients who love exploring different possibilities. Sometimes it can get very difficult to visualize how one can pair handmade pieces to a formal gown; but all it takes is a bit of creativity, imagination and style. So whenever I get commissioned to make jewelry for weddings, I always ask for the gown designs, since the type of costume jewelry should blend and connect with how the bride looks. Part of the process of designing customized jewelry is tailoring the personality of the bridesmaids and secondary sponsors to their pieces. I even ask for their pictures, because as they say, images are worth a thousand words. Their photos help me in determining their personal style. Being fashionable is one thing, but being comfortable while doing so is another matter entirely. 
Ending the blogpost with a Cinderella moment photo by my good friend Zoe! Though she wasn't a bridesmaid, she gave her ensemble a handmade twist pairing our Rose Glass Necklace & Paola Germar's Art Clutch

Keeping it real. - PJV





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Share your thoughts!